Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Humor Piece

I am an introvert. It was made official during a psychology class I had, and the teacher must know what he is talking about. I guess deep down I knew it to be true, but I was not going to be the one to say it out loud, not my thing. So I just go about my day talking to a select few of people. People comment on how quiet I am,  I'm not that quiet I just don't talk to you. Oh shoot that was rude. However my ability to keep my mouth shut during confrontation has in fact come to my rescue at times.
I have only one confrontation in my life thus ar. Thank heaven because I don't know how I could possibly function with anymore human contact. A conversation between two introverts consists of awkward eye contact and a quick and quiet haste towards the nearest exit. It is amazing how I have friends. Anyways, back to the confrontation. This girl and I had been best friends for years. I do not want to call anyone out so I'll just call her Girl ( solid 10 points on name creativity). Girl had been the most out going girl I have ever seen, and I was hoping for some of that to rub off on me. Little did I know her parents wanted me to rub off on her. She is the only person I have seen that can live with a one sided conversation with no need for input or opinions from anyone as long as they line up with hers. A few years have gone by and I begun to notice that as she talked I just sat there thinking, bla bla bla bla bla,kill me please,bla bla bla bla. Then there was a change in her, she started being pretty nasty to people and I was never going to be a part of that. I personally treat people the way they want to be treated.....I leave them alone.
So that relationship didn't last. After I blew up when she started attacking me. Congratulations Girl! You angered an introvert! Don't you know to watch out for the quiet ones. We are thinkers, we sit and we plot and we analyze. I was actually waiting for her to turn on me, so in preparation for it I had come up with the ultimate comebacks. I envisioned her take down to the very last word I would tell her. She would walk up to me in school with that, I'm going to be such a good friend to you right now, stupid look on her face, and I would be standing by my locker. After a soft sigh, she began her rant and after she was satisfied I would have my glorious moment. I also envisioned her hitting me, like one little slap to the face and then it would be on! We would brawl and I would take her down, more than just physically because I am still 17 and she is 18, so technically I am underage and I could possibly get her sent to prison. No woman in prison will take her crap in jail, but someone has to set her straight. INTROVERT: 1    EXTROVERT: 0.
Of course none of this went down as I planned. She texted me her complaints with me. Wow glad to know our relationship meant that much to you that you feel an extremely long text will suffice. Good Joke. I hate myself for not speaking my mind and telling her off . I had decided to tell her this was not working and we are no longer going to be friends. After that I ignored her for the next few days. Ignoring someone is my strong suit and shutting up clearly wasn't hers because I continued to receive texts from Girl. So it turns out that ignoring the out going angers them even more than letting them argue with you. Who Knew! I felt achieved and I went on with my life with that little victory that know one will every know about because I am not going to talk about it. Forget that.



Long story short, I really should have started this yesterday because I am not that funny, I need time for that to be a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment